Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Cabin Birthday Cake


I was poking around on craigslist one day just before my husbands birthday and saw a post about custom cakes that caught my eye. I thought "hey, I don't have time to bake a cake!" and I already got his present (nothing special) so I thought a thoughtful cake would be a nice touch. I contacted Amy and she was very excited to work on my cake. I told her tim liked to fish maybe we could do something with that theme and sent her a picture of our cabin (were we were going to celebrate the day). She delivered it which was a super big help as I am always running around like mad finishing orders the weekends we go out of town so I really appreciated that. And It was SO cute. She did a wonderful job with it. She even stacked little cookies like logs for the cabin and found chocolates that looked like rocks for the pond. It was 2 layers of vanilla with a coconut filling in the center, yum!!!!! My husband really liked it and was surprised to have such a great cake for his birthday. Next time you need a cake instead of a grocery store or fancy bakery cake you should try one of Amy's! Here email is maggnolia420@yahoo.com.

No comments: